Octopus is a friendly deployment automation tool for .NET developers.
Octopus works with your build server to enable reliable, secure, automated releases of ASP.NET applications and Windows Services into test, staging and production environments, whether they are in the cloud or on-premises.
Build servers build. Octopus deploys.
You already have an automated build/continuous integration server. It compiles your code, and runs your tests. It might seem natural to make it execute your pre-production and production deployments too. Unfortunately, most build servers only offer a way to run a script, and leave it up to you to figure out all the details. That’s where Octopus comes in.
Build servers are great at:
- Pulling code from your source control system
- Compiling the code
- Build-related tasks, like static code analysis
- Running unit tests and tracking code coverage over time
Octopus is great at:
- Distributing applications to all the remote machines, securely
- Environment-specific configuration, like connection strings
- Configuring IIS sites and installing Windows Services
- Doing all of the above across many machines in parallel
Learn more about Octopus deploy – https://octopus.com/why
I hope this will help !!!!!