MongoDB (from “humongous”) is a scalable, high-performance, open source, dynamic-schema, document-oriented database.
Combining the best features of JSON databases, key-value stores, and RDBMSes.
Written in C++, MongoDB features:
- Document-oriented storage (the power and flexibility of JSON-like data schemas)
- Dynamic queries
- Full index support, including secondary indexes, inner-objects, embedded arrays, geospatial
- Query profiling
- Fast, in-place updates
- Efficient storage of binary data large objects (e.g. photos and videos)
- Replication and fail-over support
- Auto-sharding for cloud-level scalability
- MapReduce for complex aggregation
- Commercial Support, Training, and Consulting
MongoDB bridges the gap between key-value stores (which are fast and highly scalable) and traditional RDBMS systems. Many companies are using MongoDB in production today.
Articles to explore more about mongoDB
- Start Experimenting with MongoDB from C# by K. Scott Allen
- Implementing Blog Using ASP.NET MVC and MongoDb By AzamSharp
For more information on MongoDB click here
Hope this helps !!!