- LINQ to JSON
- The JsonSerializer for quickly converting your .NET objects to JSON and back again
- Json.NET can optionally produce well formatted, indented JSON for debugging or display
- Attributes like JsonIgnore and JsonProperty can be added to a class to customize how a class is serialized
- Ability to convert JSON to and from XML
- Supports multiple platforms: .NET, Silverlight and the Compact Framework
The JSON serializer is a good choice when the JSON you are reading or writing maps closely to a .NET class. The serializer automatically reads and writes JSON for the class.
For situations where you are only interested in getting values from JSON, don’t have a class to serialize or deserialize to, or the JSON is radically different from your class and you need to manually read and write from your objects then LINQ to JSON is what you should use. LINQ to JSON allows you to easily read, create and modify JSON in .NET.