FilteredTextBox is an extender which prevents a user from entering invalid characters into a
use this extender as a convenience for your users, but you must never expect that the data
being sent to the server consists of “valid” chars only.
Only math symbols (+,-,*,/,=,.) and numbers:
<ajaxToolkit:FilteredTextBoxExtender ID=”ftbe” runat=”server”
- TargetControlID – The ID of the text box for this extender to operate on
- FilterType – A the type of filter to apply, as a comma-separated combination of Numbers,
LowercaseLetters, UppercaseLetters, and Custom. If Custom is specified, the ValidChars
field will be used in addition to other settings such as Numbers.
- FilterMode – A the filter mode to apply, either ValidChars (default) or InvalidChars. If set to
InvalidChars,FilterType must be set to Custom; if set to ValidChars, FilterType must contain Custom.
- ValidChars – A string consisting of all characters considered valid for the text field, if “Custom” is
specified as the filter type. Otherwise this parameter is ignored.
- InvalidChars – A string consisting of all characters considered invalid for the text field, if “Custom” is
specified as the filter type and “InvalidChars” as the filter mode. Otherwise this parameter is ignored.
- FilterInterval – An integer containing the interval (in milliseconds) in which the field’s contents are filtered,
defaults to 250.